Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Garden and Trailing Snapdragon Update 2


This is what my Snappies looked like after spending their first night in a brand new bed. Not only that, but in a room 3°C cooler then previous night. Of course, it was a gradual transformation.
 I have learned so much with this project so far. Since I am a newbie to flower growing from seeds there are so many variables to learn and to take care of. Now I know that light has to be as close to plant as possible and they do NOT like wet feet. If the leaves are yellow you have too much water. And the lessons are learned every darned day. I do have to thank the staff at Johnny’s Seeds for all the help I got by email to get me through some rough spots. Next, I have to find out how much direct sunlight can they get and for how long and also how much to fertilize from now on. So much to learn! Isn’t gardening wonderful!
I forgot to mention that today I have also planted Trailing Petunia, Salpiglossis Royal Mix, Nasturtium and Thunbergia and transferred Snapdragon Rocket to larger pots. I do have a problem with Black Eyed Susan Vine (Thunbergia) germinating and I don’t know why. They are in Jiffy pots for a week now and not a sign. If anybody has a suggestion my ears are open. Maybe I am impatient?

No comments: