Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Monthly Garden Season Update #1

Trailing Snapdragon seeds that I started January 19 are now 1” high on average. They are under full spectrum fluorescent lights 24/7. I planted 18 seeds in 9 Jiffy style pots and 13 have germinated, that’s 72.2% rate. Johnny’s Seeds had printed 60% on the seed packet so I guess I can’t complain. Now I have to find out how long should I keep them under the light. I am new to this, this is only my second year that I started flowers from seeds. It is a bit different then herbs and vegetables. Time to post some questions on Garden Web, I think. I really want that trailing snapdragon for our front porch hanging basket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The little leaves really have a spring green color.


Sign of things to come.

Very alive and strong already.